The matter was referred for urgent arbitration by the PSL according to Rule 59 of the NSL Rules. This follows the allegation that there was an infringement of the Rules in the registration of Modiba by Jomo Cosmos.
Below is the outcome of the arbitration:
1. Jomo Cosmos and Thabo Modiba are found guilty of misconduct in that they breached the Rules of the League, the Regulations of SAFA and the Regulations of FIFA
2. Jomo Cosmos is ordered to pay a fine of R200, 000 and): – The fine maybe be in two instalments.
– The first instalment of R100 000 must be paid by no later than 30 June 2016.
– The second instalment of R100 000 must be paid by no later than 31 July 2016.
3. Thabo Modiba is immediately suspended for nine matches. This includes any matches to be played in the Premier Division, the lower leagues or any other league under the auspices of SAFA or any other national jurisdiction.
4. Jomo Cosmos is directed to pay SAFA’s and the PSL’s costs of the Arbitration. These costs include, but are not limited to:-
– the cost of two counsel and instructing attorneys for the PSL
– The travelling expenses of the two witnesses from Namibia
– The Arbitrator’s fees